Consumer Information

Industry Information


Commissioner's Corner

Continuing Education
Continuing Education
Notice: Effective July 1, 2013, the Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance will no longer accept paper submissions from Course Providers. Online submissions can be submitted here. Individual licensees who submit individual course submissions for their license will still be accepted by paper.

All resident insurance producers, adjusters, consultants and non-resident adjusters who live in a state with no continuing education requirement,  licensed in Montana must complete the continuing education requirements by the license lapse/renew by date that appears on individual insurance producer, adjuster, consultant and surplus lines licenses.

Persons licensed as a producer for any of the lines of property, casualty, surety or title, life, health, disability, limited lines or personal lines insurance, or as an adjuster or consultant  must complete 24 approved credit hours by the license lapse/renewal date.

Persons licensed to sell only the line of limited lines credit insurance (credit life and credit disability, IUI, GAP or other credit insurance) must complete 5 approved credit hours of courses in: credit life and credit disability insurance, ethics and/or insurance law by the license lapse/renew by date.

Every licensee must include a minimum of 1 approved credit hour of legislative changes in Montana insurance statutes and administrative rules as part of each biennial continuing education filing. Beginning January 1st, 2012, every licensee must include a minimum of 3 credit hours of ethics as part of each biennial continuing education filing.

Viatical settlement brokers must complete continuing education in the subjects of life insurance, viaticals and/or ethics.

Agent Filings

Continuing Education Forms


Course Providers

Course Submissions

Reciprocal States